Anyone can help me giving the advise how to make a good essay?
I have a school task in writing 500-word essay. I really need your help how to start.
Since it’s only 500 words, it’ll be a piece of cake. Here’s the steps I follow:
1. Pick a subject.
2. Spend a couple of hours reading up on it.
3. Take a break for a couple hours while your brain processes the information.
4. You’re only dealing with 500 words, so choose only 1 main idea you want to express.
5. Choose two or three reasons you believe this idea to be true, OR like it, OR why it’s important. Prepare yourself mentally to describe those reasons in words.
6. Begin your essay with a familiar example that illustrates your idea. You’ve only got 500 words, so you need to pick something you won’t have to spend a lot of time describing for the reader.
7. Write a rough draft of at least 250 words.
8. Take another break. A full day if possible. During this time your brain will come up with more ideas.
9. Reread your essay, Proofread it. Edit the hell out of it. Add to it and take away from it. Be merciless.
10. By the time you’re done, you will have 500 words.