Could anybody see if this is a good introduction for a abortion research paper?
Section 7 of the canadian Charter of rights and Freedoms states, “Everyone has a right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice. This is why canada is one of the few countries in the world with NO criminal law restricting abortion, because it violates section 7 of the charter. There use to be a law in the criminal code that prohibited abortions, but on January 28th 1988, the supreme court of canada struck down the law, and labeled it as unconstitutional, due to the fact that it violates the liberty and security of a person. Since then there have been over 105,000 abortions a year in canada. According to statistics though, the annual abortion rate has been declining since 1990, falling 9% between 2001-2005 to 19.4 abortions for every 1000 women between the ages of 15 and 44. When an abortion does take place it can cose anywhere from $350 to more then $1000. The abortion industry was established in 2009 to make $831 million annually, from that mere 9%
Abortion will always be a controversial issue and when people talk about abortion, they must remember that there are two sides to this issue. Pro-choice and Pro-life. Pro-choice basically believes in the right to liberty and security, modern abortions are safe and that a fetus is not a human being. Pro-life, on the other hand, believes that abortions defy God, there’s no general acceptance for abortions and that psychological damage is done to the person recieveing the abortion. In order to fully understand abortion and its controversial history, we must undertstand each side and their viewpoints.
Thats my intro…..any help will be greatly appreciated. i did not add the cited works in this draft, but i do have them. Can’t wait for your feedback:)
You have a lot of great information. The structure of your essay is going to be tricky with such an involving introduction. Try to keep it simple 🙂 Follow these tips I use when writing papers.
– Let the reader know what topic you have chosen (history of abortion to present)
– Let the reader know how you will explain this topic in detail (looking at legislation from past to present in Canada, statistics to increase in abortion industry, debate on pro-choice vs pro-life)
– If you are taking a arguementative position in this paper make sure it is known (are you pro-choice or pro-life, if not, be very neutral and do not favour one side!
– Now, read over your introduction and pretend that you have no idea what the writers vision for the paper is and see if it is clear to you.
– avoid don’t can’t there’s he’s etc… it should be do not, can not, there is, he is etc.
– leave quotes and statistics for the body of the essay. The introduction should not include any new information that has not been covered in the essay, same goes for you conclusion. pretend that you are writing the introduction after the body, there should be no new info 🙂
hope this helped… it helps me alot and i always get a big tick next to my intro