How and why did hitler rise to power? I don’t need a long answer just a short thesis statement?
i don’t no what to do please help me
I think you better study this subject some, or get someone to help you study it. It’s not that simple, and you need to understand it
I don’t know what you need for a thesis statement, but I think your thesis statement should probably say something like “There was not reason, but several, for the Nazi rise to power in Germany.” And then the rest of your paragraph or your essay can fill in the details to support that “thesis statement.”
Some factors that helped Hitler get to power, I think:
1. Effect of the Versailles treaty on Germany in the 1920s. Resentment against the unfairness of the treaty and the economic burdens it put on Germany. Feeling in some circles (e.g. the Nazis) that Germany had lost World War I because of being “stabbed in the back” by domestic traitors.
2. Anger of more traditional Germans against new lifestyles that appeared in the 1920s – against feminist women, against homosexuals in the cities, etc.
3. Fears and resentments of lower middle class in Germany, which felt squeezed between the power of big business and the power of labor unions and the left. Some lower middle class people looked for a “third way” — fascism. Success of Mussolini in establishing fascism in Italy in 1920s helped to feed this interest in a third way.
4. Severe inflation in Germany during the Weimar Republic in the 1920s.
5. Fear of German industrialists and German nationalists concerning Communism and socialism — especially the Communism of the Russian Revolution and the power of the Communist Party within Germany. The stronger the Communists got, the more the industrialists felt threatened by Communism, the more certain big businessmen turned to support of the Nazis as an alternative.
4. There was lot of traditional prejudice in Germany and Austria against Jews, so that when Hitler and the Nazis tried to blame economic and political problems on the Jews, they found a pretty big audience.
5. Rise of the Nazi Party during 1920s and early 1930s – Nazi use of street violence against Communists and other political groups to gain influence.
6. World depression of 1929 – 1933, terrible unemployment problems in Germany. This created a crisis that cried out for a “strong leader” to cure it — and Hitler in 1933 seemed to fit the bill.
7. Apparent helplessness, weakness and confusion of elected German governments as they tried to confront the problems of the depression.
But what do you think? What does your history book say, and what has your teacher said about this in class?
You better include at least some of what your history book and your teacher have said about this subject, and not just what you’ve learned in this Answers group, just so your teacher will give you credit for it.