how do you write descriptive essay?
Here are a few tips as to how you can write a descriptive essay.
Here are some tips to remember when writing your descriptive essay:
1. Actually describe something
2. Use concrete and abstract images
3. Use concrete and abstract ideas
4. Do not go overboard with adjectives and adverbs
5. Do not go overboard with similes and metaphors
6. Give it to someone else to see if your essay actually describes something
The purpose of a descriptive essay is to DESCRIBE an event, feelings, situations, etc. It is NOT factual and it is opinion-based.
So yeah, go ahead and use your imagination. However, it is always best to write essays based on your own experience as they will always appear more ‘real’.
Happy writing and i hope some of the tips helped. 🙂