How should I start my compare and contrast essay?
I’m stuck on what to write as the introduction. My compare and contrast essay is about living in the city vs living in a suburban area..
In my Master’s thesis I had to do a compare/contrast essay on two articles, and my professor told me to go about this way.
1) Give a brief introduction of the country and the city as general locations ( what countryside, what city, what areas etc. )
2) Start developing Part 1 – describe country living in your eyes
3) Develop Part 2 – go into city living according to you
4) Compare the two ( country is x, but city is z, )
5) Conclude your thesis. What is your finding?
Always think of your essay this way:
Introduction ( what is the topic, what background can you offer)
Main body ( develop your ideas)
Conclusion ( what are your findings? )