How to start my essay?
I need a good statement for my essay it is about the death penalty
Here are three:
The death penalty has a foundation in justice and it spares more innocent lives.
Anti death penalty arguments are either false or the pro death penalty arguments are stronger.
The majority populations of all countries, likely, support the death penalty for some crimes (1).
The Death Penalty: Justice & Saving More Innocents
THE DEATH PENALTY: SAVING MORE INNOCENT LIVES
1) The Death Penalty: Saving More Innocent Lives
2) Innocents More At Risk Without Death Penalty
3) OF COURSE THE DEATH PENALTY DETERS: A review of the debate
MORAL FOUNDATIONS: DEATH PENALTY
1) Immanuel Kant: “If an offender has committed murder, he must die. In this case, no possible substitute can satisfy justice. For there is no parallel between death and even the most miserable life, so that there is no equality of crime and retribution unless the perpetrator is judicially put to death.”. “A society that is not willing to demand a life of somebody who has taken somebody else’s life is simply immoral.”
2) Pope Pius XII; “When it is a question of the execution of a man condemned to death it is then reserved to the public power to deprive the condemned of the benefit of life, in expiation of his fault, when already, by his fault, he has dispossessed himself of the right to live.” 9/14/52.
3) John Murray: “Nothing shows the moral bankruptcy of a people or of a generation more than disregard for the sanctity of human life.” “… it is this same atrophy of moral fiber that appears in the plea for the abolition of the death penalty.” “It is the sanctity of life that validates the death penalty for the crime of murder. It is the sense of this sanctity that constrains the demand for the infliction of this penalty. The deeper our regard for life the firmer will be our hold upon the penal sanction which the violation of that sanctity merit.” (Page 122 of Principles of Conduct).
4) John Locke: “A criminal who, having renounced reason… hath, by the unjust violence and slaughter he hath committed upon one, declared war against all mankind, and therefore may be destroyed as a lion or tyger, one of those wild savage beasts with whom men can have no society nor security.” And upon this is grounded the great law of Nature, “Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed.” Second Treatise of Civil Government.
5) Jean-Jacques Rousseau: “In killing the criminal, we destroy not so much a citizen as an enemy. The trial and judgments are proofs that he has broken the Social Contract, and so is no longer a member of the State.” (The Social Contract).
6) Saint (& Pope) Pius V: “The just use of (executions), far from involving the crime of murder, is an act of paramount obedience to this (Fifth) Commandment which prohibits murder.” “The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent” (1566).
3200 additional pro death penalty quotes
REBUTTAL: Common Anti Death Penalty Claims
Saving Costs with The Death Penalty
RACE & THE DEATH PENALY: A REBUTTAL TO THE RACISM CLAIMS
“Killing Equals Killing: The Amoral Confusion of Death Penalty Opponents”
“The Death Penalty: Neither Hatred nor Revenge”
“Moral/ethical Death Penalty Support: Christian and secular Scholars”
“The Death Penalty: Not a Human Rights Violation”
1) US Death Penalty Support at 80%; World Support Remains High
95% of murder victim’s families support death penalty
Murder Victims’ Families for Death Penalty Repeal: More Hurt For Victims:
Much more, upon request. [email protected]