how to start off a compare and contrast essay? I’m comparing the psp to the ipod video?
Compare and Contrast Essay Writing. The Introduction
The thesis of a compare/contrast paper is usually an assertion that A and B are very similar yet not so similar after all.
* To write a good essay paper, you must take your raw data—the similarities and differences you’ve observed—and make them cohere into a meaningful argument. A good Introduction writing requires:
* a frame of reference, or the context within which you place the two things you plan to compare and contrast in your essay.
* grounds for comparison;
* the thesis statement, which depends on how the two things you’ve chosen to compare actually relate to one another; it means that the statement should arise from grounds for comparison;
* Try a quotation, or an anecdote for the supportive sentence.
* Give your reader an opportunity to make a quick peep into your essay paper by mentioning the subtopics in the final sentence.
Start the intro off with an anecdote or a quotation. It should be something that will grab your reader. Your thesis statement can be controversial and should state what the rest of your paper will prove about how the two compare/contrast.