How to writing argumentative essay about cosmetic surgery?
I started writing the Intro and the first paragraph, anybody got suggestion for further improvement or ideas as to what i could write next?
In Cosmetics now a day’s, plastic surgery has become an extremely popular and powerful procedure for people and especially for woman, to fit in their ‘Beauty of Culture’ of gender, race, ethnics and Social class. It pressures people to appear more physically attractive to model ideals, and more socially accepted in society. That and with some other people in there futile attempts of meeting these ideals with dieting and exercising, drives them to physically alter there appearance by plastic surgery.
People that are going to take the risks of being under the knife should strongly reconsider. Even though most of the surgical operations are successful, most patients will find flaws in there bodies after-wards because they are trying to fix there identities. “Surgeons sometimes suspect their patients are trying to solve emotional problems by altering there bodies” (Gimlin) It will not help them to better improve there self-esteem “these individuals to be physiologically unstable and impossible to satisfy” as Dr. John Norris believes and suggests that they should seek another type of service “a professional presumably a psychologist or martial counselor-rather that those of a cosmetic surgeon’
Very good, you got one of the issues done. Here some thoughts you may want to consider.
* Not all who have cosmetic surgery done, do it for the reason of fitting into the beauty picture of society or because of psychological problems.
* Some had an accident and are happy to find reconstruction of their body.
* Some were boin with a disfigurement, e.g. a cleft lip.
* Some greatly suffered from teasing, e.g. for a big hook nose. They may find relief.
* Some feel that they need cosmetic surgery to stay in business, e.g. as a model or actor/actress.
You may find more reasons.
* The dangers of cosmetic surgery e.g. are: the result is not to the contentment of the patient; the side effects, e.g. of silicon breast implants, are high and can be deadly; pain can remain for years to come; implanted plastic parts may cause problems; etc.
It is always best to weigh the pros and the cons before deciding on plastic surgery: will the results outweigh the disadvantages?
Just as a side thought:
In general, a brain storming is the first step, writing all ideas down that come to mind without any judgment. Then sorting out the ideas, organizing the ones to be used into segments, ordering the segments and then writing the paragraphs.
The organizing work before writing is essential, saves a lot of time (outline, table of content) and help to focus the paragraophs on one issue to avoid unnecessary repeat.
You made a great start! You could integrate more ideas and organize them to make sense for a good reading.