I cant sleep, what can i do for fun?
none of my friends are awake, i have insomnia, anyone have any advice on what to do?
I too suffer from chronic insomnia, and then when I do – finally – get to sleep, I only sleep for at the most 3 or 4 hours, so I completely know how you feel.
There is a lot of things you can do to help yourself get to sleep:
– Don’t drink caffeine or eat for a few hours before you go to bed;
– Don’t watch the clock when you can’t sleep; equally, don’t lay in bed thinking about you not being able to sleep;
– Block out all light, noise etc.;
– Don’t nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel;
– I’ve also been told to only use your bedroom for sleep and sex, but I found that rather impossible as I do everything in my bedroom.
Like I said, I don’t really sleep for long anyway, so I had to find other things to do at night. I’ve done loads of school work at night. I’ve done entire essays for coursework at night.. I watch dvds. I read books. I play Trivial Pursuit online (I’m a general knowledge genius!). I listen to music. I have friends in different parts of the world who I talk to online. I’ve even cleaned and tidyed my room at night. I’ve practiced my make up and hair at night! You just begin finding more and more random things to do. And there is a lot of websites out there to give you ideas. (I quite often google “things to do when you can’t sleep” at night).
Anyway, one final thing, it might be a good idea to just make sure your insomnia isn’t due to another underlying medical issue, so maybe go to your doctor. They might even give/offer you sleeping tablets if it is really affecting your day to day life. Hope I helped 🙂 xx