SIMPLE GENERAL ESSAY QUESTION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I’m going to be a freshman in highschool in a couple weeks and we have summer homework.
i had to read october sky and now i have to write an essay on a favorite character.
i did, but its only one page long.
how long should the essay be?
i know people whose essays are the same length of mine(350 words) and i know people whose essays are 1000 words long. YIKES
P.S. I’m going into Honors English, so does that mean it should be longer than usual?
It didn’t say how long the essay should be so, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’d enjoy what’s left of my summer.
1. a short literary composition on a particular theme or subject, usually in prose and generally analytic, speculative, or interpretative.
2. anything resembling such a composition: a picture essay.
3. an effort to perform or accomplish something; attempt.
4. Philately . a design for a proposed stamp differing in any way from the design of the stamp as issued.
5. Obsolete . a tentative effort; trial; assay.
Notice the definition for number 1?