What are the main elements of a narrative essay?
Hello Yesii, *What is a Narrative Essay?
• Narrative writing tells a story. In essays, the narrative writing could also be considered reflection or an exploration of the author’s values told as a story. The author may remember his or her past, or a memorable person or event from that past, or even observe the present.
• The author may write about:
-An experience or event from his or her past.
-A recent or ongoing experience or event.
-Something that happened to someone else, such as a parent or a grandparent.
*Basic qualities of a narrative essay:
• A narrative essay is a piece of writing that recreates an experience through time.
• Unlike other essays, you may write in the first person (I, me, we) because it is a story about YOU!
• In addition to telling a story, a narrative essay also communicates a main idea or a lesson learned.
*First steps for writing a narrative essay:
Read the complete essay here: