What is a narrative essay and can I write it as sort of a short story?
Can I write a short story, even if it has not really happened?
Like, can I make up a story?
Also, does it have to be written in a certain format?
It does not have to be something that really happened.
A narrative essay is not exactly like a short story.
(Some short stories are written in the form of narrative essays, however.)
A narrative essay describes an event from your point of view:
– The Most Embarrassing Moment of My Life
– My Experience with Joining a Rock Band
– Why I’m Not Speaking to Caitlin Marie (humorous)
– Fishing — and How Not to Do It
– How I Learned Not to Procrastinate
I think it would be best if you followed a standard essay format:
– Introduction and thesis statement
– Body paragraphs (Here is where you tell your dramatic story or work out the plot)