Close

09/04/2019

What should I do to get into NYU?

QUESTION
What should I do to get into NYU?
I am a freshman in high school and I really want to go to NYU. It’s my dream college. I would like to know everything that can increase my chances in getting accepted to this school?

ANSWER
To have a chance at NYU you will need to earn an unweighted GPA of at least a 3.7 as well as at least a 240 on the SAT or 31 on the ACT. You would be taking the most difficult classes you can master that are offered in your school. With that as the base, you have about a 60% chance of being accepted and 40% or being deigned. You will need strong essays that detail why NYU, specifically, is the best place for you to go to school and how you will contribute to NYU.

If you are interested in a particular major or area of study, you should find out what pre-requisites there might be and make sure to take them or prepare them (like a portfolio).