Do colleges care about depression?
Check out a college’s services ahead of time. In a recent survey of college students with a diagnosed mental health condition, 45% rated their respective college as being somewhere between supportive and very supportive. The other 55% felt that mental health care on campus was less than ideal.
Does anxiety count as a disability in college?
College student mental health issues continue to mount, with depression and anxiety among the most common psychiatric disabilities. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, colleges and universities must provide students with mental health illnesses necessary academic accommodations.
Is it bad to write about mental health in college essays?
Recently, I’ve noticed a concerning uptick in the number of students asking whether it’s appropriate for them to write about mental health issues, most frequently ADD and/or anxiety, in their college applications. So the short answer: don’t do it. Do not write your main essay about the issue.
Can you use curse words in a college paper?
If you normally use curse words, it is ok to use them in your essay because it helps it sound like your voice – genuine, sincere, and honest. You want to show personality and passion in essays and cursing can actually help with that.
Do colleges care about mental health?
Colleges are not in the business of providing health and mental health care. While the schools recognize the need to provide ample services, this is often done somewhat grudgingly and often after a crisis (such as a campus suicide). Colleges have a complicated relationship with their students.