How do I create a forum in Drupal?
Create a forum
- Click administer » forums.
- Click the add forum tab.
- Type in a forum name.
- Type in a forum description. This will show up below the forum name when users visit the forum section.
- Select a parent.
- Select a weight.
- Click the “Submit” button.
What is a private forum?
What is a private forum? An internet forum is any kind of online discussion board where members can discuss common interests and exchange messages. A private forum goes a step further by hiding its content behind a sign-up page so that only registered members can view and post content.
Is Drupal end of life?
What Does “End of Life” Mean? On 1 November 2023, the Drupal community will officially stop supporting Drupal 7. That means no more community-based updates like bug fixes, new features, or security updates.
How fast can you learn Drupal?
By only requiring a small commitment of time each day (typically 15 to 30 minutes), you are able to slowly learn Drupal no matter how busy your schedule is. But it also has another side benefit… A lot of research has gone into how long it takes to build a habit. Some say 21 days, some say 30 days, some say 66 days.
How do you make a private discussion forum?
Creating Private Discussion Boards
- Navigate to the Groups tool. Click Groups in the top navbar.
- Create your new group category. Enter a Category Name.
- Create the discussion board. Select a Forum for the discussion topic. (
- Navigate to the Groups page to see a list of the groups. Click Groups in the top navbar.
What are the types of forums?
- Types of forums. Discussion forums are a great way to incorporate student dialog in a class, be it face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online.
- News Forum.
- Standard Forum for General Use.
- A Single, Simple Discussion.
- Each Person Posts One Discussion.
- Question and Answer Forum.
Is Drupal 8 still supported?
As of November 17, 2021, the Drupal core version 8 series has reached end-of-life. This means that all releases of Drupal 8 core (with 8. y.x version numbers) and Drupal contributed project releases that are compatible with only Drupal 8 will be marked unsupported as they no longer have security team support.
Is Learning Drupal hard?
In actual fact, the logic Drupal uses is one of the simplest and most straight-forward in CMS web development. There’s really no reason to be concerned. It might be a CMS heavyweight, but Drupal isn’t actually difficult to learn.
Where can I learn Drupal?
6 Amazing Websites About Learning Drupal You Should Visit
- BuildAModule (Free and Premium Tutorials) BuildAModule has been dedicated to sharing Drupal tutorials to the community for more than four years now.
- OSTraining (Free and Premium Tutorials)
- Drupalize (Free and Premium Tutorials)
- Drupal Up.
What is a closed forum?
The closed forum is a place that traditionally has not been open to public expression. Examples, in schools, could be newsletters or other means of communication not open to public use.
How do you grow a community forum?
How can you build up a forum community?
- Think longterm – It takes a while to build up a community of repeat users and library of useful content.
- Be useful consistently – People come to forums to 1: Have questions answered 2: Promote their business.
What is a private forum in Drupal?
A private forum is one which is only available to registered members, or to only a certain class of users (or ‘members’). A private-side web site is when a section of a web site is only accessible to a certain class of users. New users to Drupal often look for the functionality to create private forums in the forum module. Why isn’t it there?
What is the best way to get help with Drupal?
Nominate and interview the people improving Drupal for the Community Spotlight. A forum for helping users host their Drupal site. Consulting, contracts, RFPs, jobs, bounties, and more. Forums that are no longer actively used.
Where can I find professional Drupal 8 training?
1xINTERNET offers professional Drupal 8 training. Typically small groups of participants work together with a trainer for a series of days. Each participant works with a local development environment and creates a fully functional website using all aspects of Drupal 8.
How do I create a private forum or member-only web site?
Like many things in Drupal, there is more than one way to accomplish private forums and member-only web sites; this describes just one. This page will use an example with the goal to set up a site with: One public forum board, which anyone can view . Log-in required for posting in forum boards.