How do I fix Windows Search indexer?
Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter
- Select Start, then select Settings.
- In Windows Settings, select Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Search and Indexing.
- Run the troubleshooter, and select any problems that apply. Windows will try to detect and solve them.
How do I restart Windows Search indexer?
How to Repair, Reset and Rebuild the Windows Search Index
- To run the search troubleshooter, right-click Start, click Run.
- In the troubleshooter window, click Advanced and select Apply repairs automatically if you want the tool to automatically fix your settings.
- Select all the checkboxes that apply.
How do I fix Windows Search bar not working?
8 Ways to Fix the Windows Search Bar Not Showing or Working on Windows 11
- Check If the Windows Search Bar Is Enabled.
- Restart Your PC.
- Update Your Windows to the Latest Version.
- Restart Windows Search Bar Process.
- Restart the Windows Search Service.
- Rebuild the Windows Search Index.
- Use the Windows Search Troubleshooter.
How do I fix search indexing is turned off?
How can I fix the Search indexing was turned off error?
- Make sure the Windows Search service is enabled.
- Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.
- Rebuild the search index.
- Clear the TxR folder.
- Restore Windows 11 to a previous date.
- Reset Windows 11.
What is Microsoft Windows Search indexer?
SearchIndexer.exe is the Windows service that handles indexing of your files for Windows Search, which fuels the file search engine built into Windows that powers everything from the Start Menu search box to Windows Explorer, and even the Libraries feature.
How do I fix paused indexing?
Windows offers this as an option which you can start by following the steps below:
- Open Windows Settings (Win + I)
- Navigate to Privacy & security > Searching Windows.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced indexing options.
- Click on the Advanced button to open a new window.
- Click on Rebuild and wait for the process to complete.
How do I enable Windows search bar?
Show the search box on the taskbar
- Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
- Select Taskbar items to expand the section, then toggle the Search switch to On.