How do I get a reset protection recovery key?
Here’s what you can do:
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
- Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
- Select the I’m ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select Remove.
What is reset protection?
Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a security method that was designed to make sure someone can’t just wipe and factory reset your phone if you’ve lost it or it was stolen.
How do I reset my windows phone to factory settings?
Reset your phone
- On Start , swipe over to the All apps list, then select Settings .
- Select System > About > Reset your phone.
- You’ll receive two warnings. If you’re absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, select Yes, and then select Yes again.
How do I reset my Microsoft phone without a password?
Step 1 Microsoft Lumia 535 – Factory Reset, Screen Lock Removal
- Switch off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and connect your charger. When you see an exclamation mark release the button.
- Now press the keys in this sequence:
- Volume Up.
- Volume Down.
- Volume Down.
- The phone will reset and reboots.
How do I factory reset my Lumia 640 LTE?
Master reset from settings menu
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Scroll down to and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap about.
- Scroll down to and tap reset your phone.
- Read the warning about your personal content being erased, then tap yes.
How can I find my lost Microsoft phone?
Find your Windows device Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and sign in. Select the Find My Device tab. Choose the device you want to find, and then select Find to see a map showing your device’s location.
What FRP locked?
Factory Reset Protection (FRP), is a security feature on Android devices with Android OS Version 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher. The FRP provides a built-in security feature you are able to use that protects your device and information, including screen locks and data encryptions.
How do I turn off device protection?
Try this: Go to Settings > Apps > Go down right side… across from “your apps” and click on 3 horizontal lines; Select Show System Apps, click ok at bottom > Device SECURITY (not Care) and then wipe data! Good luck!