How do I troubleshoot my Sony Vaio laptop?
Use the VAIO Care Application to Troubleshoot Various Issues
- Turn on your computer on and press the ASSIST button.
- In the All Programs menu, click VAIO Care.
- In the Welcome to VAIO Care window, click the Troubleshooting icon.
- Select one of the three options from the Troubleshooting window:
How do I fix my Sony Vaio laptop that wont turn on?
Try doing a power discharge:
- Unplug power cable and take battery out of the laptop.
- Press and hold power button in for 30 seconds.
- Add battery back again, and try turning it back on again.
What do I do if my Sony Vaio laptop screen is black?
Restart your computer.
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button, or slide and hold the power switch for 30 seconds.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back in.
- Press or slide the power button.
How do I reboot my Sony Vaio E series laptop?
You can reboot the Vaio manually, if necessary.
- Click Start and then hover your cursor over the arrow next to the “Shut Down” button. Select “Restart” from the menu.
- Press “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Press and hold your computer’s “Power” button for several seconds until it shuts down completely.
What do the lights on my Sony Vaio mean?
Depending on what model is it those lights are actually indicator for your HDD activity, power or charging and standby. Most of the time the HDD light should be on or flashing telling you it’s doing something. The power light should be on all the time and same goes when it’s connected to it’s AC adapter.
What does the orange light on my Sony Vaio mean?
Off when the vaio is hibernate or turned off. Glows orange when battery is charging. Blinks fast indicates battery error. 1 person found this solution to be helpful.
Why wont my laptop turn on even when plugged in?
If your laptop won’t power on, even when it’s plugged in could have a faulty power supply, battery, motherboard, video card or RAM. When troubleshooting a laptop that won’t start, begin with the basics. Ensure the plug to the power cord is plugged into an outlet and to the computer.
Why is my laptop not turning on?
If your laptop won’t power up, a faulty power supply, failed hardware, or a malfunctioning screen could be to blame . In many cases, you may be able to resolve the problem yourself by ordering replacement parts or adjusting your laptop’s configuration.
What is the problem if your laptop screen turns black?
One of the main causes for this issue is a corrupt system file preventing the operating system from loading, resulting in a black or blank screen. Restart Windows to see if it’s a temporary issue and resolves itself with a reboot. If the problem persists, erase your hard drive and reinstall Windows.
How do I fix my black screen?
What is the black screen of death?
- Optimize your startup applications.
- Check your cables and connections.
- Unplug all unnecessary accessories.
- Try a BIOS/UEFI reset and check the boot order.
- Launch a Windows repair.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Roll back or update all drivers in Safe Mode.
How do you restore a Sony Vaio laptop?
Perform System Recovery Using VAIO Care Rescue Mode
- Press and hold the power button until your computer turns off.
- On the keyboard, press the ASSIST button.
- On your keyboard, press the F10 key to select the Recover or maintain your System [F10] option.
- Choose your preferred keyboard layout.
How do I factory reset my Sony Vaio laptop?
Restart the computer and immediately begin tapping the F10 key until the Edit Boot Options screen is displayed. At the Edit Boot Options screen, press the Enter key. NOTE: The VAIO Care Rescue window will now be displayed.