How do you make paper mache elephant tusks?
Cut newspaper into long pieces using scissors to measure 2-inches wide, 6-inches long each. Insert the pieces of newspaper one at a time into the paper mache mixture, and lay them over the wrapping paper tube tusk. Cover the tusk with four to six layers of paper mache strips.
How do you make paper mache animals?
- Crumple newspaper into a ball and then tape it together.
- Cover the ears with tape, and then tape them onto your ball.
- Repeat these steps to make different animal heads.
- To make the paper mache mixture, stir together one part flour with two parts water.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours.
- Now the fun part – painting!
How do you make paper mache sculptures at home?
Cardboard or Paper Frame
- Create your cardboard frame.
- Saturate a strip of paper with the paste.
- Place the paper onto the cardboard, making sure to smooth out any wrinkles.
- Repeat until the cardboard is covered in two to three layers of paper.
- Let the sculpture dry for a day or two.
How do you make a paper tusk?
- Bend two gift wrap paper tubes of the same length into thirds so they are creased at these points.
- Wrap masking tape tightly at the bottom of each tube to create a pointed end.
- Mix one cup of flour with one cup of water in a bowl to create a paper mache mixture.
- Tear several sheets of newspaper into strips.
How do you make an easy clay elephant?
Flatten 2 small balls of clay into discs to form the ears. Take the remaining, unused clay and divide it into 2 small sections. Roll these sections of clay into balls, then flatten them into clay pancakes with your palms. These flattened portions of clay will serve as the ears for the elephant.
How to make a paper mache sculpture of an elephant?
This standing sculpture of the elephant is an easy to make paper mache craft. All you need is some cardboard cut-outs, glue and paper strips to make the animal figure. Once dry, paint and decorate it.
How do you make a paper elephant out of school supplies?
Measure 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup school glue. Pour the measured ingredients into a plastic bowl. Mix the glue, water and flour together until smooth. Blow up two balloons, one to full size and the other to half size. The large balloon will be the elephant’s body and the smaller one will be the head.
What color should I paint a paper mache elephant?
This paper mache elephant is easy to construct because of its uncomplicated structure. Paint it in green and red if you are planning to make it for Christmas.
What can you make with paper mache?
Once used to make pot lids, modern paper mache artisans create anything from decorative sculptures to carnival masks and more. Adults and children alike can use paper mache to make a unique elephant sculpture. Mix your own paper paste or buy a ready-made art paste product for an imaginative animal project.