How to make brinjal masala curry?
How to Make Brinjal Masala Curry
- Cut brinjals into 4 parts without slitting the top edge.
- Prepare the masala paste by grinding coriander seeds, khus khus, onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, coconut powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stuff the masala into the brinjals and keep the remaining masala aside.
How to make brinjal Indian style?
Serve brinjal fry with rice, ghee and sambar….How to make brinjal fry
- Wash and cut brinjal to pieces. Add them to slightly salted water.
- Add oil to a hot pan, add mustard and cumin.
- Add chopped brinjal.
- When the brinjal pieces are tender, then add curry leaves & red chili powder.
- Switch off the stove.
How to make tasty brinjal?
- Heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet, and fry eggplant pieces until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the 6 tablespoons oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the tomato puree, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, and salt into the onions.
Which brinjal variety is best?
Brinjal Varieties In India
- Arka Navneet: This is one of the high yielding varieties of brinjal.
- Punjab Bahar: Round fruited variety that comes with dark purple fruit.
- Arka Nidhi: This is also a high yielding variety that bears fruits in clusters.
Is brinjal good for health?
Brinjals are rich in folate, which is required for producing Red Blood Cells (RBC’s) and also helps to prevent anaemia. 1 cup of chopped brinjal leaves give 42.84 mcg of folate which is 21.42% of Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). It is good to have before and during pregnancy as the requirements increase.
What is another name for brinjal?
Eggplant, Solanum melongena L., is a widely consumed solanaceous crop. It is known by various names, like aubergine, brinjal, melanzana, garden egg, or patlican.
How do you cut an eggplant for curry?
How you cut your eggplant depends on how you use it: If you’re grilling or baking, slice it into half-inch rounds; for curries — Chaplin’s favorite cooking method — you’ll want to roll cut your eggplant into “long irregular shapes,” she says, which exposes more of the plant’s surface area to the heat.