How to make cinnamon sugar Pinwheels?
How To Make cinnamon & sugar pinwheels
- Roll out your favorite pie crust (or leftover trimmings from the apple one you made for the party yesterday)
- Thinly slice the stick of butter and lay them randomly on the rolled out crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to your liking.
- Roll it up and cut into pieces.
How long to bake cinnamon Pinwheels?
While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 450°F. After the dough is firm but not solid, cut it 3/4″-thick slices and place the pinwheels on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake the pinwheels for 11 to 13 minutes, until golden brown. Remove them from the oven and serve warm.
How to make Pinwheels with pie crust?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out pie crust.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with desired filling (traditional or cocoa filling found above).
- Roll up tightly. Brush with more melted butter.
- Cut into 1/3 to 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Can I make cinnamon rolls from pie crust?
How to Make Mini Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls:
- Roll out your pie crust flat.
- Then, spread the top with melted butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Tightly roll the dough into a log.
- Then, using a sharp knife, cut the dough into coin shape pieces.
- Place them on your baking sheet and bake!
What can I do with leftover shortcrust pastry?
Roll together leftover shortcrust pastry, roll out and sprinkle with sugar, cut with a shaped cutter of your choice, and bake to make tasty teatime treats.
How do you keep the top pie crust from getting soggy?
7 Tips to Help You Avoid a Soggy Pie Crust
- Use less water. Use the liquid amount as a guideline and sprinkle it on a tablespoon at a time just until your dough comes together.
- Blind-bake your crust.
- Fight the puff a better way.
- Egg wash.
- Seal your crust with chocolate.
- Drain the fruit.
- Use thickeners.
Why does store bought pie crust shrink?
Don’t forget to give pie crust time to “rest” Probably the main reason that pie crusts shrink is because the dough is not given adequate time to “rest”. This resting time allows the gluten to literally relax at critical points in the pie dough process, and will play a big role in preventing shrinking once it is baked.
Is ground cinnamon the same as cinnamon?
Ground cinnamon and cinnamon powder are essentially the same thing; the latter may be a bit finer, but both incorporate into recipes smoothly. Both have the same flavor, too, as long as they’re the same type of cinnamon.