This article is not to say that career choice is to give you the necessary elements that allow you get to identify career according to your skills and interests to mean the difference between a successful professional career and been frustrated by poor or wrong or for having left his parents decide what degree to study.
According to the Icfes, the country has about 4,200 runs and 281 colleges. Despite the large number of institutions certified by the Ministry of Education, there are many people who prefer to study abroad. This may be due to lack of work or employment opportunities for students who are in the country.
During the first months of the year, most students will finish their training media have a big question and what is the right for your future profession?
Although we imagine children as architects, doctors or teachers teaching and, having to make a decision that will mark the rest of our lives, almost all young people are not sure what to study at the conclusion of the school.
Definitely not an easy decision, because apart from the implications for the future professional, also require a good investment of time and money. For this chosen career should be a harmonious blend of skills, education, personality and interests, so that in the future do not go to regret the decision you made.
According to Ricardo Salazar Ferro, Academic Vice President of the Colombian School of Engineering and Patricia Diaz, Career Counselling psychologist Seine, there are some elements that students can take into account in choosing a career:
- Date time: Whether just entering high school or a few months left to finish, it is essential that you take at least one day a week to think about your future, and avoid last-minute pressures do you make decisions hasty.
- Autoevalúate: Make a list of your tastes, affinities and general topics that appeal to you. Also, analyze your strengths and weaknesses, to know how you can play better golf. Never forget that what they are very good, can also serve in working life. Make a list of things you’re really good and think how you could apply for a job.
- Visualize yourself in a race: If you already have one or more ideas about what you want to do in the future, just imagine doing kick, play in your mind with every opportunity to know what you feel more comfortable or what calls your attention more. For example, between being a dentist or an architect what excites me most?.
- Investigates: Try to know what are the careers open to you and what each one, for it can use the internet, I recommend you visit the official website of the universities in your city. If you already have an idea of the careers that appeal to you looking for graduates of the program for which you lean and ask them what they do, how they work day, that is what they are most passionate about their careers and their least liked. This will give you important elements when making the selection.
- Q: It is worth asking for opinions to your family, friends, teachers or neighbors, but never forget that it is your decision, and no one can force you to devote your life to something you do not. Listen respectfully advice but take only those you think best.
- Inquire about the job outlook: It is important to get information about job opportunities in the selected profession. As research on sites like www.graduadoscolombia.edu.co the Ministry of Education can be very useful. You can also search classified ads pages to find out that there are more career jobs.
- Do not be swayed: Although not very common for young people today make a decision under pressure from their parents or financial remuneration they can get, you should really choose a career that you’re passionate about, there is nothing more frustrating to do something causes no satisfaction.
In addition to the above you can also make a formal test of skills (vocational test). Most are free online but you need to complete several because none will be completely effective. The best thing about these tests is that they can make you consider possibilities that you left behind. If you can afford it, consult with a professional or counselor to assess your skills.
Find a career to study should not depend so much on how much gain, but, for your welfare and your career goals.
If you are young, a good idea is temporary work in the areas you like. This allows you to try different positions without committing to a particular company. As an added bonus, you have to experience when looking for a job and supplement your curriculum vitae or resume. The idea is to take intelligent risks and explore at this stage.
All of the above also applies to professionals who want to rethink their future and take on new challenges facing a post-graduate career (Masters, PhD, PhD, etc.), in any case, in addition to all the above is useful to remember that all career has:
Objectives: which are substantiated by the subjects of the specialty. They must respond to our vocation in a clear and forceful.
Tools: you will achieve those goals, and are provided by basic science subjects or techniques that support it, and must be consistent with our skills primarily and of course, with our main interests.
Complementary knowledge: the contributing subjects contained in the race. They must be related to our interests or possible side should not be a reason for our rejection.
Labor and Environment concrete: these factors must commune with our personality without interference.
In closing I want you to know that although this process can be difficult and tortuous but should not become a problem, with everything described in this article and you’ll be in a much better position to choose a career.