What accessories do nurses need?
7 Essential Items Every Successful Nurse Needs
- Click pens. Ask just about any nurse which pen is the best on the job and they’re likely to say, “click pens!” Why?
- Pen light. A nursing must-have!
- Nursing scissors.
- Good scrubs.
- The right shoes.
- Drug guide and nursing diagnosis app.
What do nurses keep in their pockets?
Whether you choose to keep your stethoscope around your neck or in your pocket, a stethoscope is an absolute must for a nurse. Hospitals are cold and dry. Coat your lips in lip balm to prevent the inevitable chapping. Between taping up IVs and blood draw sites, you’ll certainly use a lot of tape throughout the day.
What equipment is used in nursing?
A vital signs monitor is one of the most common pieces of equipment used in a hospital. It is used to check temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and oxygen saturation. There are a manual sphygmomanometer and stethoscope that can be used to check or verify an electronic blood pressure reading.
Why do nurses need Sharpies?
Nurses frequently are in need of a Sharpie for various reasons (signing and dating a wound dressing, marking drainage on a dressing, labeling patient items) and they never stay in your pocket long. Therefore, I highly recommend getting those tiny Sharpies on a keyring.
Can I give my nurse a gift?
When nurses do their job well, patients are often appreciative. Many express their gratitude through tokens of thanks such as homemade cookies or a heartfelt letter. These gifts are probably fine to accept and can be a big part of what keeps nurses showing up day after day in a stressful job.
What every nurse should know?
Top 10 Things Every Nurse Should Know
- Patients are your #1 priority.
- Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help.
- Committing mistakes is normal, learn from them.
- Learn how to multi-task.
- Invest in comfortable shoes.
- Never take your bad day out on your patients.
What should I bring to my first day of nursing?
- Wear Your Uniform and a Watch. It all begins with your uniform.
- Bring Four Pens.
- Bring a Stethoscope Holster.
- Pack Your Lunch.
- Your Shift Starts 15-Minutes Earlier Than Anyone Else.
- Remember ALL of Your Patients, and Be Patient.
- Keep a Paper “Brain.”
- Interact With Your Peers.
What equipment is used in hospitals?
Defibrillators, patient monitors, surgical tables, EKGs, anesthesia machines, sterilizers, lights, ultrasounds, and electrosurgical units, blanket/fluid warmers are all necessary pieces hospital equipment.
What instruments do nurse practitioners use?
Equipment For Nurse Practitioners
- Premium Stethoscope. We have all seen a stethoscope and may have even played with one.
- Professional Sphygmomanometer.
- Medical Bag.
- Smartphone or Smart Device.
- Medical Pen Light.
- Nursing Clipboard and Pen.
- Trauma Shears.