What are common names for weeds?
20 common weeds in local areas
- Speargrass (Imperata cylindrica) Photo: wiktionary.org.
- Siam weed (Chromolaena odorata) Photo: youtube.com.
- Nutgrass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Milkweed (Euphorbia heterophylla)
- Nuke-Noh (Tridax procumbens)
- Witchweed (Striga genus)
- Couchgrass (Digitaria abyssinica)
- Dayflower (Commelina benghalensis)
What are weeds name two common weeds found in India?
The common weeds found in India are Amaranthus (chaulai) and Chenopodium (bathua). Was this answer helpful?
What are weeds name 2 common weeds?
Weed is a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants. The two common weeds are Amaranth and Taraxacum officinale.
Which weeds is found in India?
Weeds in india
- Abutilon hirtum Thurbi(kannda) *Abutilon indicum.
- Acalypha ciliata Acalypha indica.
- Acanthospermum hispidum Achyranthes aspera Uttarani()kannada.
- Aerva lanata Aerva tomentosa.
- Aeschynomene indica Ageratum conyzoides.
- Alternanthera A. paronychioides A.
- Allmania nodiflora Alysicarpus rugosus.
- Amaranthus A.
What are weeds Class 9?
Weeds: Weeds are unwanted plants in the cultivated field, for example, Xanthium (gokhroo), Parthenium (gazar ghas) and Cyperinus rotundus (motha). They compete for food, space and light. Weeds take up nutrients and reduce the growth of the crop.
How many types of weeds are there?
There are three different types: grassy-type, grass-like, and broadleaf.
What are called weeds?
weed, general term for any plant growing where it is not wanted. Ever since humans first attempted the cultivation of plants, they have had to fight the invasion by weeds into areas chosen for crops.
What are weeds with example?
Weeds are the unwanted plants that comete with the crops for nutrients and various other factors. Thus, they damage crops by affecting their growth. Some examples of weeds are: Bermuda grass, Cannabis etc.
What are weeds Class 7?
Weeds are the unwanted wild plants growing in fields. They compete with crops for sources such as space, light and nutrients thereby causing crop plants to get less of all these sources which may hinder their growth.