What are some words of encouragement for cancer patients?
“There’s always hope beyond what you see.” “It’s possible not just to survive, but to thrive and to live a healthy, wonderful life again.” “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” “Cancer is like a teeter-totter.
What to say to someone who has cancer stay strong?
Here are some ideas:
- “I’m not sure what to say, but I want you to know I care”.
- “I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this”.
- “How are you doing?”
- “If you would like to talk about it, I’m here”.
- “Please let me know how I can help”.
- “I’ll keep you in my thoughts”.
What can I say instead of battle with cancer?
There are “cancer journeys” and “long cancer journeys” and “personal cancer journeys,” all arcing across our feeds to converge, perhaps, in what Clive James called “the empty regions,” the endpoint of every mortal trek. And this is good, I think. The metaphors of choice for cancer have long been battle, war, or fight.
What do you write in a cancer encouragement card?
1. This must be a really tough time for you, but I wanted to let you know that I’m so impressed by your courage and endurance. 2. You are so determined to beat this cancer, and I’m so proud of you.
What do you say in a note to fight cancer?
If you’re struggling to find the right words, here are 12 kind things to say to someone with cancer:
- “I’m here for you.”
- “You are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “This stinks.”
- “Let me help you with…”
- Tell a Joke.
- “You are not alone.”
- “Any time you need to talk, I’ll listen.”
- “What day works for a visit?”
What do you say to someone with cancer quotes?
What to Say to a Cancer Patient
- “We’ll get through this together.
- “I am praying for you.”
- “Go to MD Anderson.
- “I am here for you.” Then follow through and really be there.
- Don’t ask what you can do to help or say, “Let me know if you need anything.” Many people will never ask for help even though they need it.
What do you put in a cancer care package?
To get started, Ulreich recommends filling your cancer care package with some of these items:
- Chapstick. Lips can become dry during radiation and chemotherapy.
- Coloring books and travel games.
- Framed photos.
- Fuzzy socks or slippers.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Hard candy or gum.
- Hat or salon gift certificate.
What can I send my friend who has cancer?
7 Thoughtful Gifts for Cancer Patients and Caregivers
- A Meal Service or Gift Cards. Traveling to and from home for cancer treatments can be time consuming and tiring for both the patient and caregiver.
- A Massage.
- Time Off.
- A Clean (or Organized) Home.
- Comfortable Clothing.
- A Care Basket.
- The Same Gift You’d Get Them Otherwise.
What is cancer a metaphor for?
For example, cancer is often portrayed as a battle to be fought and won, but for the patient with terminal cancer, the analogy can lead to feelings of failure or not being strong enough to win the war. Another metaphor often used is cancer as a journey.
How do you describe someone fighting cancer?
Words that are often used to describe cancer such as ‘battling’ or ‘survivor’ can divide opinion among people who’ve been diagnosed with it. Some people find certain words motivating, while others find them upsetting.
What do you write in a card to a terminally ill person?
Comforting Words for the Terminally Ill
- Thank you for telling me about your illness. I know it must be difficult to share this with people.
- This is so hard. I wish this wasn’t happening to you.
- I’m here in any way you need me.
- How are you holding up?
- Thank you for all you have done for me.
- I love you.
What is a good prayer for someone with cancer?
Let your presence fill me with faith and hope, knowing that your power is greater than any cancer and you are with me as I continue to fight the good fight to free my body of this disease. Merciful Jesus, you have compassion on the sick and heal them.
What are some poems that inspire cancer patients?
Poems To Inspire Cancer Patients 1 Maya Angelou, “Still I Rise” Still I’ll rise.” 2 Robert Frost, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” And miles to go before I sleep.” 3 Rudyard Kipling, “If” Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’” I am the captain of my soul.” Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
What is the meaning of the poem No Good cancer?
This poem is written from the perspective of a young person, and addresses that there is no good cancer, as it still causes all the same effects and path of treatments to face. There are no guarantees in life, and that point is clearly made in that the same journey into the unknown is taken.
What are some inspiring quotes about cancer?
“Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” For more quote ideas, we reached out to the empathetic CaringBridge community, many of whom with lives that have been touched by cancer. We asked them to share encouraging words that they’ve heard or shared:
Does cancer destroy Hope and memories?
Cancer can, and does, destroy both hope and memories. Clearly, the author has never watched anyone die of cancer. Sometimes, cancer directly destroys memories via damage to the brain. Faith just makes some people more miserable when they are dying of cancer.