What is a Sarbala?
A sarbala, in certain wedding customs from the Indian subcontinent, is a nephew or cousin of the groom who accompanies the groom during the ceremony as his protector. The sarbala often wears a similar outfit to the groom and rides a horse.
What should I wear in vidai?
Male guests can wear a sherwani, bandh gala or kurta pajama. As a post-wedding ceremony, vidai literally translates to ‘parting’ or ‘goodbye’. This ceremony is also known as Bidai. Is when the bride is bidding farewell to her family and leaving her maternal home.
Which dress is best for groom in engagement?
Best Engagement Dress for the Groom
- We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Kartik Aryan in Pistachio Green Sherwani Set!
- Opt for a 3-Piece Tuxedo Like This one!
- Ayushmaan Khurana’s in Printed Tuxedo is Taking Our Breaths Away!
- The Magical Jodhpuri Bandhgala Suit Is, Hands Down, A Must-Have.
What should a man wear to marriage?
Formal Men’s Wedding Attire
- Wear a dark suit or tuxedo. For a Formal wedding, dark suits (ex.
- Wear a bow tie or necktie. Different than Black-Tie attire, a bow tie is not required.
- Wear a collared dress shirt- T-shirts, polo shirts, and banded collar shirts are not acceptable for a formal dress code.
What is the role of Sarbala in marriage?
A sarbala, in certain wedding customs from the Indian subcontinent, is a nephew or cousin of the groom who accompanies the groom during the ceremony as his protector. The sarbala can also be the “future groom’s” brother in law.
What does a Sarbala do at a wedding?
Sarvala: A young nephew or cousin dons the same attire as the groom. He is called the sarvala (caretaker of the groom) and accompanies him.
What happens after Vidaai?
Vidaai is a bittersweet moment for the bride and her family. The joys of the new life are surrounded by the tears of leaving her parent’s home. And, after the vidaai ceremony, the bride is welcomed into her new home by the groom’s family through griha pravesh custom, and fun games and celebrations.
What should we wear in someone’s engagement?
“You can’t go wrong with a dress,” Lee says. For a daytime event, she recommends opting for casual florals and cute sneakers or a printed maxi with flat sandals. “If it’s an evening soiree, reach for your favorite LBD or festive cocktail dress and finish with a chic clutch.”