What is a synonym for daintily?
synonyms for daintily
What is the synonym and antonym of dainty?
affectedly dainty or refined. Antonyms: tasteless, unfastidious, rugged, unrefined. Synonyms: mincing, straitlaced, prissy, squeamish, overnice, puritanical, straightlaced, priggish, prudish, strait-laced, tight-laced, nice, straight-laced, niminy-piminy, victorian, prim, exquisite, twee, square-toed.
What does dainties mean in the Bible?
Definition of ‘dainties’ 3. refined, esp excessively genteel; fastidious. nounWord forms: plural -ties.
What is antonym for daintily?
Adverb. ▲ Opposite of adverb for delicious and pleasing to taste. tastelessly. unpalatably.
What is the opposite of daintily?
Our site contains antonyms of daintily in 1 different contexts. We have listed all the opposite words for daintily alphabetically. strongly. actively. completely.
How do you use tremble in a sentence?
Tremble sentence example
- I tremble to write these following lines.
- It makes me tremble !
- It still rained, but it wasn’t cold that made her hands tremble as she left the car.
- Why do his legs tremble under him as he walks, leaning upon a stick?
- The staff captain’s voice began to tremble .
Can people be dainty?
If you describe a movement, person, or object as dainty, you mean that they are small, delicate, and pretty.
What is the correct meaning of the word squeamish?
Definition of squeamish 1a : easily nauseated : queasy. b : affected with nausea. 2a : excessively fastidious or scrupulous in conduct or belief. b : easily offended or disgusted.
What is the meaning of dainty?
1. Delicately beautiful or charming and usually small: dainty slippers. 2. Delicious; tasty: a dainty dish. 3. Fastidious or finicky: “They chided [them] for being too dainty to eat army rations” (Stephen Berry).
What is the adverb of daintily?
daintily adverb. uk /ˈdeɪn.təl.i/ us /ˈdeɪn.t̬əl.i/. › in an attractive, careful way, especially used about something small or having small movements:
What is the meaning of dainty taste?
pleasing to the taste and, often, temptingly served or delicate; delicious: dainty pastries. of delicate discrimination or taste; particular: a dainty eater. overly particular; finicky; fastidious. noun, plural dain·ties.