What is a Wherigo?
Wherigo® Caches are GPS-enabled adventures in the real world. They use GPS technology to guide players to physical locations where they can interact with virtual or physical objects. Wherigo Caches can have different designs that overlap with other cache types.
How do you use wherigo on iPhone?
Play Wherigo™ cartridges on your iPhone!…Time estimates given on the web site and in the cartridge description are for expected playing time.
- With newer devices, you can download cartridges with your computer and drag and drop to the Wherigo app folder in iTunes.
- You can also drag and drop .
How do I find a wherigo geocache?
If you’re already logged into the Wherigo.com site (if you have a geocaching.com or Waymarking.com user name, you can use it here; if not, it’s free to sign up), you can view the cartridges closest to you. Scroll through the list, find one that looks appealing, and click it.
How do I play wherigo on Android?
Just open the Wherigo cache in c:geo and select Navigate – WhereYouGo. This will open WhereYouGo and automatically start the download of the cartridge file and you can start playing it.
How do you make a wherigo?
How to Build a Cartridge
- Step 1: Map Out Zones. Zones are GPS-defined locations in the real world – the basic building blocks of Wherigo.
- Step 2: Create a Story. Define your context – the situation, objectives, and events that you want players to experience.
- Step 3: Share It Online.
What is a wherigo cartridge?
Wherigo.com A cartridge is a downloadable file that contains all the information necessary to play Wherigo. Cartridges can be played wherever you have a GPS signal, and may be linked to a single location or “Play Anywhere.”
How do you use wherigo?
- Step 1: Download a Cartridge. Search for a Wherigo cartridge near you.
- Step 2: Go Out and Play. Playing a cartridge is an interactive experience that requires you to move between zones.
- Step 3: Log It Online. Share your playing experience with the cartridge creator and other players at Wherigo.com.
What are the geocache types?
What Types of Geocaches Are There?
- Traditional Geocache: This is the original cache type and most straightforward.
- Mystery or Puzzle Caches: Solve the mystery or puzzle to reveal the correct coordinates.
- Multi-Cache: A cache with two or more “stages.” The final location has a container with a logbook inside.
What are the 4 types of mystery caches?
They are a sort of ‘catch-all’ cache type, for a number of different types that currently don’t fit in anywhere else:
- Puzzle caches.
- Night caches.
- Beacon caches.
- Challenge caches.
- Bonus caches.