What is configuration management in project?
Project configuration management is managing the configuration of all the project’s key products and assets. This includes any end products that will be delivered to the customer, as well as all management products, such as the project management plan and performance management baseline.
What is configuration management in simple terms?
Configuration Management is the process of maintaining systems, such as computer hardware and software, in a desired state. Configuration Management (CM) is also a method of ensuring that systems perform in a manner consistent with expectations over time.
Why is configuration management used in a project?
Within a project, the purpose of configuration management is to identify, track and protect the project’s deliverables or products from unauthorised change.
What are the key activities of configuration management?
The five CM functions are:
- Configuration Management Planning and Management.
- Configuration Identification.
- Configuration Change Management.
- Configuration Status Accounting.
- Configuration Verification and Audit.
What is the main objective of configuration management?
The purpose of Configuration Management is to identify, record, control, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items, including baselines, versions, constituent components, their attributes, and relationships.
Who is responsible for configuration management?
Project Manager – will produce the Configuration Management Plan and include within the Project Management plan. Responsible for ensuring all who work on the project are aware of the Configuration Management Plan and understand how the plan works.
What are configuration management activities in PMP?
A listing of configuration items.
What is the chief purpose of configuration management?
– Understand the importance of scope management for project. Understand how conceptual development serves as a critical first stage in scope management. – Identify the various types of information available for scope – Demonstrate how control systems and configuration – Discuss why effective scope management includes a project.
What is the best configuration management tool?
Alibaba Application Configuration Management. Also called ACM,Alibaba lets you centralize application configuration management,which enhances service capabilities for big data,DevOps,and microservices.
What is the difference between configuration and change management?
– Configuration Management Planning – Configuration Management Identification – Configuration Change Management and Change Control – Configuration Status Accounting – Configuration Verification and Audit