What is decanates in astrology?
In astrology, a decan is the subdivision of a sign. In order to give fuller interpretation to the Zodiac Signs, ancient astrologers subdivided each Sign into periods of approximately ten days.
What does 3rd decan mean?
Your decan depends on where your birthday falls within that 30-degree spread. Approximately the first ten days of your sign is the first decan, approximately the second ten days of your sign is the second decan, and approximately the third ten days is the third decan.
Do decans only apply to sun signs?
Decans mostly apply to sun signs, but they do influence to a lesser extent the rest of the planets in a natal chart. If you wish to interpret, say, your moon’s decan, simply look at the degree and translate the appropriate description below into moon territory – emotions, instincts, and needs.
What are the decans of Sagittarius?
The Three Decans of Sagittarius: Which One Are You?
- The First Decan of Sagittarius (November 22—December 1)
- The Second Decan of Sagittarius (December 1—December 11)
- The Third Decan of Sagittarius (December 11—December 21)
What are the decans of Taurus?
- Taurus Decans.
- Born from April 20 to April 29: Decan 1.
- Shyness and being dynamic are the strong deterrent of your potential.
- Born from April 30 to May 10: Decan 2.
- The influence of Mercury will give you a pleasant personality and skills to communicate ideas and thoughts.
- Born from May 11 to May 20: Decan 3.
What body part does Sagittarius rule?
The sign of Sagittarius is ruled by the lower half of the body, including the hips, thighs, legs, lower back, and pelvis. Their legs are typically long, shapely, and strong, no matter their height. Similarly, these signs tend to possess elegant, unusually long torsos.