What is the career path in market research?
The career path within market research is often well defined by graduate recruiters. Graduates will begin their career as a Research Executive, looking to reach Senior Research Executive within three years. From there, management responsibilities can be expected relatively quickly.
Is market research a good career path?
Most industries require market research, making this one of the most in-demand jobs in various fields. You may work in a range of industries throughout your career, or choose one that interests you the most. This includes fields such as education, consumer product development, finance, the food industry, and beyond.
Is market research a stressful career?
Consider the market researcher who has committed to a project where the screening criteria are known to be hard. Sure enough, at some point, it gets stressful. Quotas aren’t being met, deadlines are looming, and the client (internal or external) is becoming unhappy. It is a brutal time, and stress levels soar.
What qualifications do you need to be a market researcher?
Skills needed to be a Market Researcher
- An analytical mind.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and computers.
- An ability to handle data to work in quantitative research.
- An interest in psychology and behavioural science for qualitative research.
- Specific scientific or technical knowledge to work as an industrial researcher.
Why did you choose a career in market research?
By starting out in market research, you’ll very quickly learn how to understand consumers and clients – their motivations, their desires and how their decisions affect the potential strategy of all types of businesses big and small across varying sectors.
How do you gain market research experience?
How to Become a Market Research Analyst
- Step 1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree. Students can begin their paths by earning a bachelor’s in fields such as marketing, business administration, or psychology.
- Step 2: Build On-the-Job Experience.
- Step 3: Earn a Master’s Degree (Optional)
What jobs can a market research analyst get?
Careers for Market Research Analysts
- Analysts, market researcher.
- Market research specialists.
- Marketing analysts.
- Marketing consultants.
- Marketing forecasters.
- Marketing specialists.
- Research analysts, marketing.
What is the salary of a market analyst?
The highest salary for a Market Analyst in United Kingdom is £50,882 per year. What is the lowest salary for a Market Analyst in United Kingdom? The lowest salary for a Market Analyst in United Kingdom is £21,977 per year.
Do you need a degree for market research?
Although sometimes a specific degree is required to become a market researcher, a strong background in business marketing and/or statistics is highly recommended.