What is vPC in Nexus switch?
vPC (Virtual Port Channel) is the Cisco Proprietary feature that is only working on Cisco Nexus Components. vPC use to make Nexus devices logically single devices for the end host or devices. vPC is also known as Multi-chassis EtherChannel (MEC).
How do I use my VSS 4500x?
- Set switch number to 1. ! switch set switch_num 1 local. switch read switch_num local !
- Configure virtual domain then save config. ! configure terminal. switch virtual domain 1.
- Configure VSL links. ! interface Port-channel 1.
- Convert switch to VSS mode. Confirm and switch will reload.
What is vPC how it is different from VSS?
2) In VSS there will be single control plane for both the switches, where as in vPC there will be separate control plane for every switch. 3) VSS can support L3 port-channels across multiple chassis,however, vpc is used for L2 port-channels only. 4) VSS supports both PAgP and LACP,however, VPC only supports LACP.
What is vPC in Nexus and how it works?
vPC’s, or Virtual Port Channels, are a Cisco Nexus technology. They are used to connect layer-2 devices to two switches at once. This makes it possible to create a highly available environment in the data centre. If one switch fails, the other one continues to operate.
Does Cisco 9500 support VSS?
Hi, What is your question? The 9500 series support Virtual Stacking, which is another name for VSS.
What is vPC loop avoidance rule?
vPC loop avoidance rule states that traffic coming from vPC member port, then crossing vPC peer-link is NOT. allowed to egress any vPC member port; however it can egress any other type of port (L3 port, orphan port.). The only exception to this rule occurs when vPC member port goes down.
What is a Nexus switch in VPC?
In many environments, a pair of Nexus switches in a vPC domain are aggregation or core switches acting as the boundary between Layer 2 switched Ethernet domains and Layer 3 routed domains. Both switches are configured with multiple VLANs and are responsible for routing inter-VLAN east-west traffic as well as north-south traffic.
What is the VPC peer-link topology of Nexus switches?
In this topology, Nexus switches N9K-1 and N9K-2 are vPC peers within a vPC domain where the vPC Peer Gateway enhancement is enabled. Interface Po1 is the vPC Peer-Link.
What is the VPC peer switch enhancement?
With the vPC Peer Switch enhancement, the non-vPC-connected bridge will still have a single redundant link that is in a Blocking state, but will immediately transition that interface to a Forwarding state if the existing Root Port goes down due to link failure.
What is Cisco NX-OS virtual port channel (VPC)?
Since the inception of Cisco NX-OS on Cisco Nexus data center switches, the Virtual Port Channel (vPC) feature has received numerous enhancements that improve the reliability of vPC-connected devices during failure scenarios and optimize forwarding behavior of both vPC peer switches.