Where do I find the VIN number on a Polaris snowmobile?
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a unique number used to identify your Polaris snowmobile. It can be found on the right side tunnel between the certification label and emissions certification label. The VIN can be found on a sticker and also is etched into the tunnel.
How do you tell the year of a Polaris ATV by VIN number?
– Look at the 10th character of the vehicle identification number. – Use the 10th character to determine the year model of the four wheeler.
Can you look up a snowmobile VIN number?
Our free snowmobile VIN decoder is here for you to get started. Simply enter your snowmobile VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
How do I identify my Polaris snowmobile engine?
Polaris snowmobiles receive a Vehicle Identification Number ( VIN), which can be found on the label directly below and between the emission certification label and certification label. stickers may also mention the VIN, and the tunnel etched it has been etched.
How do I find out what year my Ski Doo snowmobile is?
The model year is one year after the date of manufacturer. If your machine was made in 1995, it is a 1996 model! Starting in the 2000 model year, Ski-Doo began using a longer integrated model and serial number. Again, the four digit model number is the key item.
What did Polaris RXL stand for?
on the new sleds, they come with an extra heat exchanger and electric start. RXL stood for Racing X-perimental Liquid.
How do I find out what year my ATV is?
How to Find out the Year of a Four Wheeler
- Find the 17-character vehicle identification number on the frame of your four wheeler.
- Look at the 10th character of the vehicle identification number.
- Use the 10th character to determine the year model of the four wheeler.
How do I read my Polaris VIN number?
Polaris vehicles use the industry standard of a 17-digit VIN:
- Digits 1-3: Manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Digits 4-8: Vehicle attributes.
- Digit 9: Check digit.
- Digit 10: Model Year.
- Digit 11: Plant code.
- Digits 12-17: Sequential numbers.