Where is Apache config file in Ubuntu?
In Apache on Ubuntu, all the virtual host configuration files are stored under /etc/apache2/sites-available directory. With the new Apache installation you can find a default virtual host file called 000-default. conf there.
Where is Apache config file located?
All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
Where is Apache folder Ubuntu?
The default document root for Apache is /var/www/ (before Ubuntu 14.04) or /var/www/html/ (Ubuntu 14.04 and later). See the file /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.
What is a2dissite?
a2ensite is a script that enables the specified site (which contains a block) within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. Likewise, a2dissite disables a site by removing those symlinks.
How open Apache config file in Ubuntu?
- Before you begin. Use aptitude to install Apache on your server running the Ubuntu operating system.
- View the configuration file. To view the contents of the Apache configuration file, run the following commands: $ cd /etc/apache2 $ ls.
- Configuration settings.
- Enable sites and modules.
What is Apache conf file?
Apache is configured by placing directives in plain text configuration files. The main configuration file is usually called httpd. conf . The location of this file is set at compile-time, but may be overridden with the -f command line flag.
How do I find Apache directory in Linux?
On most systems if you installed Apache with a package manager, or it came preinstalled, the Apache configuration file is located in one of these locations:
- /etc/apache2/httpd. conf.
- /etc/apache2/apache2. conf.
- /etc/httpd/httpd. conf.
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf.
How enable conf file in Ubuntu?
How do I enable an Apache site?
To create and enable domain2.com, repeat the process as follows:
- Create the vhost file: sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain2.com # Enter the details for domain2.com as per the example shown above.
- Enable the site and restart Apache: sudo a2ensite domain2.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload.
How do I install Apache on Ubuntu?
Installing Apache 2 server. Now that system updated with the latest patches,it is time to install Apache 2 software.
How to find your Apache configuration folder?
apache2.conf or httpd.conf are the primary configuration files.
How to check Apache configuration?
– Modify the HTTPD.CONF file to include the following line: User username – Modify APACHEUSER.COM to set the logical APACHE_USERNAME to the required user name. Ensure that the user name is exactly the same as the entry in the HTTPD.CONF file. – Restart the Apache Server if it is already running.
Where are Apache files on Ubuntu?
apache2.conf: the main Apache2 configuration file.