Which book is best for IAS preparation?
Important books for UPSC (IAS) Preparation: Prelims
- Oxford School Atlas by Oxford Publishers. (
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh (Economy)
- Economic Survey by Ministry of Finance (Economy)
- India Year Book.
- A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Modern India)
- Current affairs.
- Science & Tech.
- GS Paper 1.
How many books should I read for IAS?
Be mentally prepared to invest in at least 15-20 standard textbooks for different subjects, apart from NCERT books. This is because UPSC CSE Prelims and Mains mention at least 15 subjects/topics. You will often need to read multiple books to cover each subject in detail.
What is NCERT books for IAS?
You can download books from here.
- Science: NCERT Class VI.
- Science: NCERT Class VII.
- Science: NCERT Class VIII.
- Science: NCERT Class IX.
- Science: NCERT Class X.
- Science: NCERT Class XI – Chemistry: Unit 14.
- Science NCERT Class XI – Biology: Units 4 & 5.
Which are the best books to prepare for IAS exam?
[CHECK] Books To Prepare For Ias Preliminary Exam | updated! · Indian Polity for Civil Service Examination by M. Laxmikanth One of the best to prepare IAS Prelims exam, the book is a comprehensive package on Polity for students preparing for IAS.
How to start IAS preparation?
– Dedicated, Devoted Mind and Strength towards a regular schedule of study. – Excellent Writing Skill – Well Hold on Aptitudes And English – Good Hold On Memory While Listing News Or Reading Current Affairs – Self-confidence, Patience, Dedication, Consistency, And Regularity
What is the best study material for IAS exam preparation?
Newspapers: The Hindu,The Indian Express,Business Standard,Economic Times
How to read NCERT books for IAS exam preparation?
Select the subject to start. It might be a bit hard for the aspirants to focus on the NCERT syllabus all at once.