What are Lexia raisins?
Lexia raisins are extra large muscatel raisins and popularly used in dark fruit cake during the holidays. Lexia raisins are also used in cookies, muffins, bead pudding, scones, puddings, and delicious in homemade raisin bread.
What can be made from raisin?
Raisin Recipes: 15 Sweet and Savoury Ideas
- Lagan Nu Achaar (Indian Dry Fruit Pickle)
- Spiced Pilau Rice with Raisins.
- Pasta con le Sarde.
- Greek Dolmades.
- Indian Pork Curry with Raisins.
- Red Cabbage Strudel with Raisins.
- Sweet Bread Rolls with Raisins.
- Nougat Cake with Raisins.
What are sticky raisins called?
All called for big, sticky raisins (you may know these as “Lexia” raisins), a variety of spices of the cook’s choice, either brown or white sugar or a combination of both, shortening or lard, boiling water, flour, and soda.
How do you cook with raisins?
14 Ways To Use Raisins In Your Cooking
- Cinnamon Raisin Chocolate Chickpea Bark.
- Apple Raisin Custard Tarts.
- Golden Turmeric Rice with Raisins.
- Old Fashioned Golden Raisin Biscuit Cookies.
- Swirled Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
- Middle Eastern Spiced Cauliflower Soup With Caramelized Onions and Raisins.
Are Lexia raisins seedless?
These Lexia Raisins are a product native of Australia and are sweet, sticky and seedless.
Where do Lexia raisins come from?
Lexia raisins are a variety of extra-large, seeded, Muscatel raisins, with a unique flavour. Sourced from Australia, these are medium to dark brown in colour.
Can raisins go bad?
An unopened bag of raisins lasts for a couple of months past the date printed on it. Once you open up the bag, raisins should keep quality for about 6 months if you store them in a sealed bag. Without a tight seal, they will dry out sooner. Raisins, unlike fresh fruit like bananas or pineapples, have a long shelf life.
Should raisins be soaked before baking?
Most raisins benefit from being plumped before using. Soak the raisins in either a bit of the recipe liquid or hot tap water for 10 to 15 minutes before using until they plump up. Pat dry before using if you are not using the soaking liquid in the recipe.
Where are Lexia raisins from?
|Package Dimensions||16.6 x 11.4 x 5 cm; 359.99 Grams|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Subregion Produced In||Aargau|