A research paper is one of the most common types of work among both students and schoolchildren. There are many reasons for writing essays: starting from the desire to close the extra pass or get an extra score in the exam and ending with the main research work. Nevertheless, no matter how often you have to write a research paper, how many pages should be in this work always remains an urgent issue.
The total amount of research paper
First of all, it depends on the place of your training. So, if you are still in school, the average volume of school essay is about 10-15 pages. If you are already studying at a university, then the amount of work increases to 20-30 pages. Unlike other types of work, the scope of the research paper takes into account all pages, from the title page to the list of references, with the exception of applications. When starting to write a research paper, it is important to remember that, unlike a report or review, this type of work involves not only presenting and researching the issue, but also formulating your own conclusions, which means that you need to maintain a balance between “water” and the brevity that you fill in your work.
Summary: how many pages should be?
In order to answer this question, it is best to outline the size of each part of the work. As you know, the research paper consists of a title page, table of contents, introduction, body, conclusion, list of references and, if necessary, an appendix. So, the approximate number of pages in each part of the work is as follows:
- Title page and table of contents – one page at a time. It is important to remember that despite the fact that the serial number is not put on the front page, it is nevertheless included in the general numbering.
- Introduction – 1-2 pages for school work and 2-3 pages for student work. In the introduction, you will outline the main tasks and goals of your work.
- The main part is 5-10 pages in the school essay and 10-20 in the student essay. The volume of this part directly depends on the number of chapters and sections in your essay.
- Conclusion – 1-3 pages for a school essay and 3-5 pages in the work of a student of a university. In this part, you state your conclusions and summarize the work.
- The list of references rarely takes more than one page, but, of course, depends on the number of sources that you accessed during the work.
- Applications are not taken into account in the total volume of the research paper, which means that their size is not limited. However, it is desirable that this part does not exceed the size of the main work.
Of course, these values are very approximate and largely depend on the requirements of the teacher or on your own abilities.
Naturally, if you were given the task of writing an essay, the volume of which should not be less than 30 pages, then the number of pages for each part may be different. If there are no strict conditions in terms of volume, then you can safely be guided by our advice.
To write or not to write?
Some students are faced with situations where the topic of the essay is little studied, or it is necessary to write more than one essay at once, how many pages should be in each of the works will be the last question that concerns such students. In such cases, many turn to the Internet and download finished work, sometimes without even bothering to read them. However, this approach often guarantees a low score or that the teacher simply will not accept the job, because they also know how to use search engines, and finding the downloaded essay is not so difficult. If you want to get a truly unique job and not sit at the writing yourself, then you can always contact our company. The authors who work with us have extensive experience in writing both school and student essays on various topics.